Stamped concrete is the process of pressing decorative or natural impressions into wet concrete using rubber stamps. This is a great way to add a unique flair to your pool deck, patio, walkway or driveway.
There are many benefits to using stamped concrete. Concrete is one of the most durable building materials available for paving, this comes in handy for high traffic areas such as driveways and walkways. With proper preparation, steel reinforcing and finishing techniques, stamped concrete is second to none in terms of its durability.
Choosing stamped concrete over other paving materials (such as natural stone) can be a more
economical choice. When installed properly, with rebar enforcing as done at Impressions,
stamped concrete can offer the same looks as natural stone and slate but with the durability to
last a lifetime. The biggest advantage to stamped concrete is the variety of appearances and colours combined
with the durability of concrete. Concrete stamping provides unlimited design opportunities
such as aged cobblestones, brickwork, flagstones, slate tile, marble, granite, wood, or just
about any natural surface. Take a look at the wide variety of textures and colours we can offer
Benefits of Stamped Concrete
1. Concrete requires very little maintenance and is easy to clean.
2. Concrete is exceptionally durable.
3. Second only to water, concrete is the second most consumed substance on earth.
4. Concrete can simulate the look of other materials. It can be coloured, textured and
stamped to resemble brick, flagstone, wood, slate, marble and granite.
5. When installed inside a home, radiant heated concrete can reduce energy consumption
by as much as 50% due to its excellent thermal mass energy consumption.
6. Concrete is completely non-combustible (classified A1 fire retardant material) and has a
slow rate of heat transfer, making it highly effective against the spread of fire.
7. Concrete is non-allergenic – it does not harbor dust, dirt, pollen, or other allergens.
8. Concrete is “pet friendly” – accidents wipe up with a damp cloth.
9. Concrete allows endless possibilities for creative custom design.